Welcome back everyone!
I woke up the other morning felling so refreshed. I’ve been trying to create more plant-based meals for my family. Growing up I was always the kid that saved the meat on my plate for last…I hated it. I’ve grown to love some meat items but to be honest I would be a happy vegetarian all the time. While scrolling through Pinterest I came across several recipes for healthy cookies, I added a little twist to a recipe I found!
These healthy alternative cookies are DELICIOUS! It has just the perfect amount of sweetness for our house.
2 Ripe Bananas
1 cup Old Fashion Oats
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
*I like to include some chocolate chips for fun*
- Mush ripe bananas in bowl.
- Add 1 cup Old Fashion Oats.
- Pour in cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate chips or any additional toppings. You can try raisins, pecans, almonds dried apple etc. The possibilities are endless! And the quantity is to your liking, I like about half a cup.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Scoop onto pan, they will not expand so you don’t have to worry about the amount of space between cookies.
- Place in oven for 350 degrees for 10- 12 mins, and up to 15 if you would like them harder.
- I like to cover my cookies up as soon as I remove them out of the oven, it seems to help them stick together better.
I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine!
Till next time