Welcome back! It’s been a while, life is always so crazy as many of you must understand. We have been on a roller coaster of events in the last few months taking us to clinic visits, first family trip to several illness along the way. I needed to get back to writing to help myself focus on Grace, 2017 has been a challenge so far and I want to center myself and focus on finding Grace in even the craziest of times.
As the weather warms up here, I wanted to share a few places around Colorado Springs you may want to visit with your little ones. Also if you ever visit Colorado Springs, here are some fun things to do!
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a favorite, this majestic zoo is located on the hillside of the mountains. Bringing a stroller? Be ready to sweat! The hills are a perfect work out for mommy and daddy’s alike 🙂
- The Nancy Lewis Park has some breathtaking views of the whole mountain range. This is a hidden gem located in the heart of Colorado Springs. There is a small pond with a walking trail around it, it’s a favorite spot for many geese and ducks. The BEST part is the play ground made especially for children 5 and under…yep that’s right…it’s made just for the littles to enjoy, with smaller slides and toddler friendly access.
- Bear Creek Park is also a fabulous quiet place to visit for a family picnic and lots of walking and enjoying the great outdoors. There is a playground with a Pavilion, perfect for warmer/ sunny days.
- Focus on the Family has a fantastic indoor play area for kiddos, especially good on those cold Colorado days. Bring some snacks and get ready to run around like crazy!
- The North Pole is a great family experience, located in the beautiful mountains of Colorado, there are lots of rides for all the kiddos to enjoy. And of course jolly old St. Nick is available for visits too!
Hope some of these ideas inspire you to head out and see all the awesome things Colorado Springs has to offer!